The need for Node js developers is high, and companies can always benefit from the expertise of a team of Node js developers.
But for employers, why does your team need one or a few Node js developers?
Due to the steady climb and need for Node js, there is a higher demand for Node js developer jobs. However, most employers and recruiters are aware that filling the position is a challenge.
Sure, a software developer can do the job, but it won’t be a perfect fit for what you need. Learn more about the best practices to follow when hiring Node JS developer for your organization.
Node js Developer Job Description
As an employer, you need to clearly understand what you are looking for in your future Node js developer. You should know what the job entails and the responsibilities of the developer.
IT recruiters usually know this, but unless you, as an employer, are highly involved in the recruiting process, you would have to take the word of the hiring manager about your future hire.
Most importantly, the Node js developer is the one that tests, deploys, and maintains these network applications. Once you have a team of Node js developers, they become indispensable in your company—mainly if your processes and day-to-day tasks rely heavily on online systems and web-based applications.
In summary, here are the primary duties of the Node js developers that will be part of your organization:
- Collaborate regularly with your company’s developers or third-party developers to integrate system elements.
- Ensure your central database is always at its optimal performance.
- Ensure that the system’s responsiveness is on point based on previous testing and simulations; if not, make the necessary adjustments.
- Create testable, workable, and efficient codes to develop high-performance applications as outputs.
- Design a user-friendly software interface for all company users, including backend users.
- Provide real-time technical support as needed.
- Perform repairs and diagnostic tests as needed.
- Ensure that the applications adhere to security protocols to promote data protection.
Ideal Node JS Applicants
Recruiting Node js developer who is highly skilled means that you are maximizing your talent pool and resources.
One good Node js developer can be as efficient as two or three developers combined. So you must hire the best possible developer to open up opportunities for your organization, boost productivity, and even minimize costs. An experienced web developer can work on front end and back end web development as full stack developer.
- Although not a prerequisite to being a pro in front-end design, your hire should at least be comfortable and confident in providing front-end development and support as needed.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills will allow your hire to seamlessly develop and integrate databases that can help your business processes and systems.
- Your future Node js developer should be knowledgeable about security, multiple authentications, and authorizations critical to keep privacy and user or client information safe.
So you’re looking for tech developers?
Our AI-powered platform is designed to help you discover and shortlist top matching candidates to join your business. Why not sign up for an Employer account at Talentprise?
With this in mind, here are the basic qualifications you, as the employer, should include when posting for an opening. And mind you, these are non-negotiable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science—or a similar and relevant field.
- Experience working as a Node js developer for at least (3) years.
- Extensive knowledge of server side web development tools such as Node js, Express js, Nest js.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with AJAX, CSS3, and HTML5.
- Applicable knowledge and understanding of web libraries, web stacks, and overall system frameworks like (but not limited to) AngularJS, ReactJS, Closure, and Polymer.
- Practical knowledge of different protocols and optimization.
- Real-time availability to provide technical assistance to users and to resolve web applications evens outside working hours.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
Interview Questions When Hiring A Node JS Developer
Unless you want your Node js developer to create a little system for you right there and then, you can gauge the knowledge and skill of your applicants by including these technical questions during the interview:
1. Explain Node js to a non-technical person.
2. What are the benefits of using Node js?
3. What is an event loop?
4. What is a test pyramid?
5. What is middleware in Node js?
6. Why use promises instead of callbacks?
7. What is an event emitter in Node.js?
8. Based on your experience, how can you make a user-interface friendly?
9. How do you keep updated with all the recent developments surrounding node.js?
10. Can you share one of the most challenging (or difficult) network application deployment projects that you’ve been part of?
Depending on the profile and experience of your applicant, you can add a mix of essential and complex technical questions. You could also include some behavioral questions to know exactly how they’d handle a particular situation.
What is the Typical Salary For Node JS Developer?
Upon hiring Node js developer in your city, you must be prepared to up your offer because the salary typically offered to a Node js developer is on the higher end.
The ballpark salary for Node js developers today ranges from $105,000 annually to $155,000 for instance in New York, which is a good offer. The Node js developer salary is higher compared to similar jobs in the IT industry, so you have to be sure you can match the offer, especially if your requirements are steep.
Getting and onboarding a Node.js developer will greatly benefit your organization. As technology increasingly plays a major role in most industries and their processes, your team of developers can help you gain a competitive edge and stay in sync with the demands of today’s businesses.
The Shortest Path to Top Talent
Talentprise is a Skill-driven, AI-powered talent sourcing platform. Helping job seekers land the Tech jobs they love and deserve, while enabling companies to find the best-fit candidates for their business.
If you are a technology professional who’s looking to find dream jobs in any part of the world, sign up for your free account today.